[cfe-dev] C++ PATCH: Basic inheritance syntax, semantics

Doug Gregor doug.gregor at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 20:46:31 PDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Argiris Kirtzidis <akyrtzi at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Thanks Doug! Just FYI, here's the deliverables of the proposal:
>
>  -classes with nested types (nested classes/typedefs)
>  -basic method support
>  ---inline member function definitions
>  ---member function declarations
>  ---member function definitions outside of class definition
>  ---use of instance variables and class nested types inside a member
> function
>  -access specifier for class members
>  -forbidding use of private/protected data member references outside of
> class methods

That looks like a reasonable chunk of work for the summer. Good luck!
I'll make sure not to step on those parts of the front end.

>  I also have a C++ namespaces patch on queue waiting until I sort out some
> name-lookup things first.

Oh, good. I didn't know if anyone was picking this up.

>  I'm really glad that there's another developer pushing for C++ support too!
> :)

As time permits... anyway, I'm off playing with overloading at the
moment, so I don't expect that I'll be stepping on anyone's toes.

  - Doug