[cfe-dev] C++ default arguments patch, rework Parse-Sema interaction for function parameters

Arnaud Bergeron abergeron at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:15:00 PDT 2008

2008/4/9 Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya.co.uk>:
> Doug Gregor wrote:-
>

>  > On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya.co.uk>
wrote:
>  > > Doug Gregor wrote:-
>  > >
>  > >  > and, when in non-C99 mode, warns about this as an extension:
>  > >  >
>  > >  >   typedef void T;
>  > >  >   void f(T);
>  > >
>  > >  Nothing special about C99 there, it must be accepted in C90 too.
>  >
>  > You're certain? EDG diagnoses this code with an extension warning in
>  > it's C90 mode, and I can't find a copy of the C90 specification to
>  > verify (ISO doesn't sell it anymore).
>
>  Yeah, it's DR 157 to C90.  EDG make several mistakes too :)
>
>  Neil.

Then the online Comeau demonstration does the same mistake.  Or it really is
in the C90 standard (I'll admit not having a copy too).

Comeau C/C++ 4.3.9 (Mar 27 2007 17:24:47) for ONLINE_EVALUATION_BETA1
Copyright 1988-2007 Comeau Computing.  All rights reserved.
MODE:strict errors C90noC++0x_extensions

"ComeauTest.c", line 2: error: declaring a void parameter list with a
typedef is
         nonstandard
 void f(T);
        ^

1 error detected in the compilation of "ComeauTest.c".

Note that this passes in C99 mode.

La brigade SnW veut vous recruter - http://brigade.snw.googlepages.com