[cfe-dev] Name mangling scheme

Cédric Venet cedric.venet at laposte.net
Sun Apr 6 07:29:32 PDT 2008

Hi,

As we start adding C++ support to clang, we will need to mangle name in
codegen. Which scheme should be used?

The same as gcc 3.x? I didn't found any real documentation on it, except
this sentence on Wikipedia:

"
On IA-64, a standard ABI exists (see external links), which defines (among
other things) a standard name-mangling scheme, and which is used by all the
IA-64 compilers. GNU GCC 3.x, in addition, has adopted the name mangling
scheme defined in this standard for use on other, non-Intel platforms.
"

Which link to http://www.codesourcery.com/cxx-abi/abi.html#mangling .
Someone can confirm this?

Perhaps the scheme should be configurable and selectable, but I am not sure
this is a good idea.

Regards,

Cédric