[cfe-dev] Can't compile clang

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Wed Oct 31 08:34:38 PDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 1:50 AM, Chris Lee wrote:

> Yeah, I had an old checkout of the normal llvm tree from svn (from a
> few weeks ago) in there, but the clang compile instructions didn't
> actually say that I needed to run 'make' in the llvm tree... so I
> didn't.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the feedback.

I have updated the build instructions with (hopefully) a few extra
clarifying steps.  I also added a disclaimer that clang really does
require the LLVM support libraries, so if one encounters problems
building clang they should first check if they have the latest version
of LLVM.

Ted