[cfe-dev] clang unable to build example C file

Török Edvin edwintorok at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 11:50:28 PDT 2007

On 10/12/07, Török Edvin <edwintorok at gmail.com> wrote:
> Compiling (looks like it is rebuilding most of llvm, going to take a while).
> I'll try make check and then make test in tools/clang when it is finished.

clang t.c works.
make check works except for 3 ocaml link failures, the CodeGen failure is gone.
make test in clang fails:

Looks like it can't find stddef.h. It is in
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.2.1/include/stddef.h, not
/usr/include. Same for stdarg.h.

Should I give more details on these failures?

$ grep FAIL log
******************** TEST 'CodeGen/mandel.c' FAILED! ********************
******************** TEST 'CodeGen/mandel.c' FAILED! ********************
******************** TEST 'Preprocessor/includeexpand2.c' FAILED!
********************
******************** TEST 'Parser/char-literal-printing.c' FAILED!
********************
******************** TEST 'Sema/cocoa.m' FAILED! ********************
******************** TEST 'Sema/cocoa.m' FAILED! ********************
******************** TEST 'Sema/objc-unused.m' FAILED! ********************
******************** TEST 'Sema/objc-unused.m' FAILED! ********************
******************** TEST 'Sema/carbon.c' FAILED! ********************
******************** TEST 'Sema/carbon.c' FAILED! ********************
******************** TEST 'Sema/selector-overload.m' FAILED!
********************
******************** TEST 'Sema/selector-overload.m' FAILED!
********************
******************** TEST 'Sema/format-strings.c' FAILED! ********************
******************** TEST 'Sema/format-strings.c' FAILED! *******************

$ grep error log|cut -f4- -d:|sort |uniq -c
      2  error: cannot find definition of 'id'
      1  error: cannot find interface declaration for 'NSObject',
superclass of 'Foo'
      1  error: 'Carbon/Carbon.h' file not found
      1  error: 'Cocoa/Cocoa.h' file not found
     15  error: expected ')'
      6  error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm', or '__attribute__'
after declarator
      2  error: expected ';' at end of declaration list
      1  error: 'Foundation/NSObject.h' file not found
      2  error: 'stdarg.h' file not found
     13  error: 'stddef.h' file not found
      2  error: type name requires a specifier or qualifier
      1  error: use of undeclared identifier 'size_t'

--Edwin