[cfe-dev] clang unable to build example C file

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Wed Oct 10 14:01:20 PDT 2007

On Oct 10, 2007, at 1:53 PM, Török Edvin wrote:

> On 10/10/07, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> This certainly should work, and does for me :).
>
> Did I say that I have x86-64 arch? Is clang supported on it?
> Or should I retry in a 32-bit chroot?
> [that is going to take a while, so I'll only be able to report on this
> tomorrow.]

llvm fully supports x86-64 and clang should to.

>> I bet that if you
>> revert clang back to r42817 that it will work for you.
>
> Trying...
> No, that doesn't work either. Same valgrind warnings too.
> Should I revert llvm to r42817 too?

I just committed a patch that should fix the valgrind errors below,
please try it out.  If there are still valgrind warnings, please let
me know, thanks!

-Chris

>> The other
>> possibility is that it may be a miscompilation by gcc 4.2.1.  Can you
>> please run 'make check' in the main llvm/test directory and see if
>> you have problems there?
>
> Yes.
> FAIL: /home/edwin/llvm-svn/llvm/test/Bindings/Ocaml/analysis.ml
> Failed with exit(2) at line 1
> while running: /usr/bin/ocamlc -cc g++ -I
> /home/edwin/llvm-svn/llvm/Release/lib/ocaml llvm.cma llvm_analysis.cma
> /home/edwin/llvm-svn/llvm/test/Bindings/Ocaml/analysis.ml -o
> analysis.ml.tmp
> File "/home/edwin/llvm-svn/llvm/test/Bindings/Ocaml/analysis.ml", line
> 39, characters 12-54:
> Warning X: this statement never returns (or has an unsound type.)
> /tmp/camlprim81a59e.c:839: warning: deprecated conversion from string
> constant to 'char*'
> <... repeated lots of times, till I run out of space on /tmp ... >
>
> Does that work for you?

I don't have ocaml installed, please notify llvmdev mailing list,

Thanks for the help!

-Chris