[cfe-dev] Clang comparison page

Taras Glek taras.judge at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 10 19:17:27 PST 2007

Chris Lattner wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I whipped up this page to help answer some commonly asked questions
> about how clang compares to other compilers:
> http://clang.llvm.org/comparison.html
>
> Comparisons like this are often very sensitive so please let me know
> if I am saying anything unfair/non-objective, or am forgetting anything.

Hi Chris,
I think this is a fairly fair comparison. Would you mind mentioning my
oink fork, pork? It addresses some of the shortcomings that you
mentioned. The main differences between oink and pork are that
* Integrates with MCPP to allow to "accurately map from a source
location in the AST to the original position before preprocessing.".
Several Mozilla-specific refactoring tools are provided
* Is actively developed (some full-time developers)
* Provides a scriptable static analysis tool, Dehydra

Cheers,
Taras