[PATCH] D17550: Adding doxygen comments to the LLVM intrinsics (part 6, popcntintrin.h)
Greg Bedwell via cfe-commits
cfe-commits at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 23 22:34:35 PST 2016
gbedwell added a subscriber: gbedwell.
gbedwell added a comment.
In http://reviews.llvm.org/D17550#360177, @probinson wrote:
> One question I have, which shouldn't block this (as we've done several like this already):
> Is is okay to be using C++ style comments in these headers?
> (Is there a C-style comment that Doxygen recognizes?)
There are a few various formats that Doxygen supports. Looking at headers from llvm-c the most common convention appears to be JavaDoc style, although there are a few examples of other supported styles floating around the codebase. E.g. from include/llvm-c/lto.h using JavaDoc style:
- Diagnostic handler type.
- \p severity defines the severity.
- \p diag is the actual diagnostic.
- The diagnostic is not prefixed by any of severity keyword, e.g., 'error: '.
- \p ctxt is used to pass the context set with the diagnostic handler. *
- \since LTO_API_VERSION=7 */
More information about the cfe-commits