[PATCH] Enable C++11
chandlerc at google.com
Mon Jan 6 11:02:00 PST 2014
I think we need to do a bit more work here before submitting anything like
this. I had planned to do it, but if you want to do it, the minimum I think
we should do first:
- Document what versions of which compilers we're trying to support as host
- Add at least some checks to try to error early and clearly at configure /
cmake time on host compilers we don't really support (with a flag to bypass
- Get the build bots upgraded so that these changes don't cause the bots to
just die immediately -- there are several where it would.
- Document the C++11 features which we think are supported by these
compilers (mostly MSVC restrictions I suspect)
- Throw the switch in a way that folks can locally disable it for a while
- Then make it permanent and expose C++1y
Does that make sense?
On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Alp Toker <alp at nuanti.com> wrote:
> The attached patch enables C++11 by default in the CMake and Makefile
> build systems.
> The old LLVM_ENABLE_CXX11 flag is retrofitted as LLVM_ENABLE_CXX1Y for
> those looking to try the latest experimental standard.
> The CMake changes include an additional fallback to -std=c++0x. This
> fallback can hopefully be removed shortly when the remaining legacy build
> servers are upgraded.
> No changes made to the MSVC configuration in this patch. I'm guessing
> Takumi will want to take care of that personally :-)
> the browser experts
> cfe-commits mailing list
> cfe-commits at cs.uiuc.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the cfe-commits