[cfe-commits] r170309 - /cfe/trunk/docs/ReleaseNotes.html
chandlerc at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 22:24:37 PST 2012
Date: Mon Dec 17 00:24:36 2012
New Revision: 170309
Clean up a small (messy) section of Clang's release notes for 3.2.
--- cfe/trunk/docs/ReleaseNotes.html (original)
+++ cfe/trunk/docs/ReleaseNotes.html Mon Dec 17 00:24:36 2012
@@ -170,18 +170,14 @@
- <li>Clang's <tt>-fcatch-undefined-behavior</tt> option has been renamed to
- <tt>-fsanitize=undefined</tt> and has grown the ability to check for several
- new types of undefined behavior. See the Users Manual for more information.
- <li><tt>-Wdocumentation</tt> enables warnings about documentation comments.
- See section "Documentation comment support" for an example.</li>
- <!-- Flesh this out prior to release. -->
- <!-- Document renaming of -faddress-sanitizer and -fthread-sanitizer. -->
+ <li>The Address Sanitizer feature and Clang's
+ <tt>-fcatch-undefined-behavior</tt> option have been moved to a unified flag
+ set: <tt>-fsanitize</tt>. This flag can be used to enable the different
+ dynamic checking tools when building. For example,
+ <tt>-faddress-sanitizer</tt> is now <tt>-fsanitize=address</tt>, and
+ <tt>-fcatch-undefined-behavior</tt> is now <tt>-fsanitize=undefined</tt>.
+ With this release the set of checks available continues to grow, see the Clang
+ documentaion and specific sanitizer notes below for details.
More information about the cfe-commits