[cfe-commits] r80684 - /cfe/trunk/include/clang-c/Index.h
snaroff at apple.com
Tue Sep 1 10:13:32 PDT 2009
Date: Tue Sep 1 12:13:31 2009
New Revision: 80684
Tweak comment based on Daniel's recently added '-emit-ast' option.
--- cfe/trunk/include/clang-c/Index.h (original)
+++ cfe/trunk/include/clang-c/Index.h Tue Sep 1 12:13:31 2009
@@ -22,14 +22,10 @@
Clang indeX abstractions. The backing store for the following API's will be
- clangs PCH file (which contains AST's, or Abstract Syntax Trees). PCH files
- are created by the following command:
+ clangs AST file (currently based on PCH). AST files are created as follows:
- "clang -S -Xclang -emit-pch <sourcefile.langsuffix> -o <sourcefile.ast>".
+ "clang -emit-ast <sourcefile.langsuffix> -o <sourcefile.ast>".
- If the ast file format ends up diverging from the pch file format, we will
- need to add a new switch (-emit-ast). For now, the contents are identical.
Naming Conventions: To avoid namespace pollution, data types are prefixed
with "CX" and functions are prefixed with "clang_".
More information about the cfe-commits